- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Kaye Stone-Gansz recognized as Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- Updated: May 18, 2013
The New York State Small Business Development Center recognized Kaye Stone-Gansz, President/CEO of Stone Goose Enterprises, Inc., Owner/Operator of Smith’s Gravel Pit, as the 2013 Female Entrepreneur of the Year on April 29th, 2013 in Niagara Falls, New York.
This award is given to a Female owned/operated business which has a strong business and strategic plan that demonstrates both business growth and employment opportunities inside New York State. Stone-Gansz has demonstrated just that, as she has grown Smith’s Gravel Pit customer base by 55% since taking over in 2011, as well as increased the employee base by 28%.
“If you take care of your customers and employees, the rest will come!” This is Stone-Gansz’ motto and it is working very well for her in her new business venture.
A 25-year veteran of Xerox Corporation, Stone-Gansz retired in 2011 to assume the role of President / CEO of Stone Goose Enterprises, Inc. Shortly after the formation of Stone Goose Enterprises, Inc., the company purchased Smith’s Gravel Pit. Stone-Gansz has been solely operating/managing the gravel pit and yielding huge successes to date. Stone-Gansz said, “I am in a man’s world and I like it, you have to be strong willed and never, EVER, doubt your decisions and abilities.”
Stone-Gansz is very involved in the community, she is an Executive Board member on the Wayne County Business Council & Professional Women of Wayne County and also serves as a member of the Sodus Rotary. Stone-Gansz is married to Ross Gansz, General Manager for CGS Fabrication in Webster, NY, they live in Newark, NY and have two children, Jacquelyn and Jon Ross.