- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Morrison signs with Gannon University
- Updated: February 15, 2014
Wayne Central senior, Justin Morrison of Ontario NY, received a full scholarship to play football for Gannon University. Justin signed his letter of intent on February 5th with his mother, coach and teammates present.
Justin was senior running back for the Wayne football team as well as a team captain. He made 2nd All State at running back and made 2nd team All Greater Rochester. In addition, he made the top 25 team for Finger Lakes and was named Most Valuable Player. He has rushed for over 1200 yards and gained over 500 yards receiving and scored 22 touchdowns.
Justin earned the Class B Offensive Player of the Year Award, the Ontario Honda Class B Player of the Week Award twice during the season and was named Scholar Athlete of the Week by Channel 10 News.
Justin also carries a 94 grade point average. He plans on majoring in Sports and Exercise Science at Gannon.