- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Morrison signs with Gannon University
- Updated: February 15, 2014
Wayne Central senior, Justin Morrison of Ontario NY, received a full scholarship to play football for Gannon University. Justin signed his letter of intent on February 5th with his mother, coach and teammates present.
Justin was senior running back for the Wayne football team as well as a team captain. He made 2nd All State at running back and made 2nd team All Greater Rochester. In addition, he made the top 25 team for Finger Lakes and was named Most Valuable Player. He has rushed for over 1200 yards and gained over 500 yards receiving and scored 22 touchdowns.
Justin earned the Class B Offensive Player of the Year Award, the Ontario Honda Class B Player of the Week Award twice during the season and was named Scholar Athlete of the Week by Channel 10 News.
Justin also carries a 94 grade point average. He plans on majoring in Sports and Exercise Science at Gannon.