- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Judy Gravino named Clerk of the Year
- Updated: May 23, 2014
Judy Gravino, the Town Clerk for the Town of Macedon for over 25 years, was recently honored by her peers, earning the distinction of “Town Clerk of the Year 2014” from the New York State Town Clerk’s Association, for District 7. She also received kudos and several presentations and plaques from her local counterparts around Wayne County.
Judy has served as the Macedon Town Clerk for 26 years, and served as District Director for the NY State Town Clerk’s Association for all of that time. She has also served on various committees include: Mixer Committee, Clerk of the Year Committee, Scholarship committee and is a member of the Wayne County Clerk’s Association, having served as past treasurer. She holds the title of Registered Municipal Clerk, having completed requirements prescribed by the Association for that certification.
As Macedon Town Clerk, she also serves as Records Management Officer, Registrar of Vital Statistics, Notary Public, Water Billing Clerk and works closely with the Wayne County Water & Sewer Authority.
Judy was instrumental in salvaging and restoring documents and Vital Records following a devastating fire in 2001 at the old Town Hall building. For a time, she worked from her car, home and makeshift office, recreating her vault and each file, page by page, and helped to save a priceless book collection stored in the library.