- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Gananda Ranked in Top 15% of Upstate Districts, First in Wayne County
- Updated: November 3, 2011
Business First of Buffalo has rated the academic performances of all 431 school districts in Upstate New York. Gananda CSD ranked 65th in the Upstate rankings placing the district in the top 15 percent. In addition, Gananda ranked 14th among the 67 Rochester area school district and first in Wayne County.
Each district has been rated on its students’ annual performances on 21 Regents exams and statewide tests during the period of 2007-2010. Final scores are based on 172 statistical indicators — the same formula that generated this year’s Western New York and Rochester Area rankings.
Gananda earned this ranking because of its many academic accomplishments, including:
• Its high rank in major subject areas (English/foreign languages, math and science), based on Business First’s analysis of 2007-2010 test scores from fourth grade through the senior year of high school.
• 94% of Gananda’s 2010 graduates earned Regents diplomas and 53% with advanced designations – higher than the regional average (46%). (A student must pass eight Regents exams to receive an advanced diploma.)
“This achievement is the result of the collective efforts of our very capable educators, supportive staff members, and the hard work of all of the students,” states Shawn Van Scoy, district superintendent.