- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
- Palmyra man charged with 7th DWI
- Who is the real (?) Lori Michelle Scott
Gananda Ranked in Top 15% of Upstate Districts, First in Wayne County
- Updated: November 3, 2011
Business First of Buffalo has rated the academic performances of all 431 school districts in Upstate New York. Gananda CSD ranked 65th in the Upstate rankings placing the district in the top 15 percent. In addition, Gananda ranked 14th among the 67 Rochester area school district and first in Wayne County.
Each district has been rated on its students’ annual performances on 21 Regents exams and statewide tests during the period of 2007-2010. Final scores are based on 172 statistical indicators — the same formula that generated this year’s Western New York and Rochester Area rankings.
Gananda earned this ranking because of its many academic accomplishments, including:
• Its high rank in major subject areas (English/foreign languages, math and science), based on Business First’s analysis of 2007-2010 test scores from fourth grade through the senior year of high school.
• 94% of Gananda’s 2010 graduates earned Regents diplomas and 53% with advanced designations – higher than the regional average (46%). (A student must pass eight Regents exams to receive an advanced diploma.)
“This achievement is the result of the collective efforts of our very capable educators, supportive staff members, and the hard work of all of the students,” states Shawn Van Scoy, district superintendent.