- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Gananda CSD Girls Lacrosse Player Signs with Queens University
- Updated: March 30, 2013
Gananda senior and varsity lacrosse player, Kourtney Goebel, daughter of Terri and Tim Goebel, signed with Queens University of Charlotte, NC.
Goebel has played lacrosse since she was in third grade; playing her first three years on the boy’s lacrosse team until the girl’s lacrosse program was developed. Gananda’s lacrosse program began four years ago and the girl’s varsity lacrosse team will start its third season this spring.
Goebel has signed a letter of intent to play lacrosse at Queens University and will receive academic and athletic scholarships.
“This is a very exciting day for Kourtney and the school district.” commented John Tichacek, Gananda’s Athletic Director. “It is great to have hard working players be recognized.”
Goebel was joined by her family, lacrosse coach Russ Stark, and Gananda’s athletic director John Tichacek.