- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Gananda CSD Girls Lacrosse Player Signs with Queens University
- Updated: March 30, 2013
Gananda senior and varsity lacrosse player, Kourtney Goebel, daughter of Terri and Tim Goebel, signed with Queens University of Charlotte, NC.
Goebel has played lacrosse since she was in third grade; playing her first three years on the boy’s lacrosse team until the girl’s lacrosse program was developed. Gananda’s lacrosse program began four years ago and the girl’s varsity lacrosse team will start its third season this spring.
Goebel has signed a letter of intent to play lacrosse at Queens University and will receive academic and athletic scholarships.
“This is a very exciting day for Kourtney and the school district.” commented John Tichacek, Gananda’s Athletic Director. “It is great to have hard working players be recognized.”
Goebel was joined by her family, lacrosse coach Russ Stark, and Gananda’s athletic director John Tichacek.