- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
Flock is new DASA Coordinator
- Updated: September 26, 2013
Retired Lyons Police Department Sergeant/Investigator Jay Flock, who served as the department’s fifth grade Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) officer at the Lyons Elementary School for several years, is Newark Central School District’s new Coordinator of Student Affairs/Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) Coordinator.
The Board of Education unanimously approved Flock’s appointment to this newly-created position August 21.
Flock will oversee school district security and provide safety training for students and staff.
He will also work in various ways to reinforce district core values among students as they relate to issues such as safety, respect for students and staff, good attendance, appropriate behavior on and off school grounds; safe and proper use of social media; bullying, cyber bullying and more.
“I’m very excited to be coming onboard,’’ said Flock. “I think this job is a good fit for me based on my experience. I’m really looking forward to working with students and staff, as well as parents and community members.”
“We’ve known Jay Flock as a dedicated public servant and a member of our Newark school district community and we are looking forward to him joining us and adding his years of experience and expertise to our team,’’ Superintendent Matthew Cook said.
Flock, who has an associate’s degree in criminal justice from Mohawk Valley Community College, is married to Kate Flock, a vocal music teacher at Newark Middle School. The couple’s son, Andrew, will be a third grade pupil at Kelley School in September.