- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Damn Yankees comes to Ohmann Theatre
- Updated: July 22, 2011
Damn Yankees will be presented at the Ohmann Theatre in Lyons, NY Friday August 5 and Saturday August 6 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday August 7 at 2:30 p.m.
The story follows Joe Boyd (Garrett Fries of Marion) a loyal Washington Senators fan who makes a deal with the devil, Mr. Applegate (Luke Cornwell of Newark) to see his team beat the Yankees. His wife Meg (Mikaela Correia of Sodus) is heartbroken when she realizes her husband is missing but takes in the new young Senators’ star Joe Hardy (Matthew Combs of Marion) as a boarder.
Joe realizes what he’s given up so Mr. Applegate sends in his best employee, the seductress Lola (Olivia Howard of Newark). The Senators begin a winning streak and reporter Gloria Thorp (Claudia Henry of Lyons) thinks there might be something fishy so she investigates Joe Hardy’s past. The Senators’ manager, Van Buren (David Perry of Lyons) reminds the team that they gotta have “Heart” as well as talent to win the pennant. Joe must decide between the love of the game and the love of his wife.
The production is directed by Lyons High School alum Greg Maddock, choreographed by Alisha Schneider and Meredith Henry also Lyons Alum and Vocally Directed by Kayla Mayou, graduate of Sodus.
The show features 24 young adults from the Lyons, Newark, Marion, Clyde-Savannah, Sodus, and Palmyra-Macedon school districts.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and Seniors. For ticket reservations call (315) 871-4176 or they may be purchased at the door.