- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Damn Yankees comes to Ohmann Theatre
- Updated: July 22, 2011
Damn Yankees will be presented at the Ohmann Theatre in Lyons, NY Friday August 5 and Saturday August 6 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday August 7 at 2:30 p.m.
The story follows Joe Boyd (Garrett Fries of Marion) a loyal Washington Senators fan who makes a deal with the devil, Mr. Applegate (Luke Cornwell of Newark) to see his team beat the Yankees. His wife Meg (Mikaela Correia of Sodus) is heartbroken when she realizes her husband is missing but takes in the new young Senators’ star Joe Hardy (Matthew Combs of Marion) as a boarder.
Joe realizes what he’s given up so Mr. Applegate sends in his best employee, the seductress Lola (Olivia Howard of Newark). The Senators begin a winning streak and reporter Gloria Thorp (Claudia Henry of Lyons) thinks there might be something fishy so she investigates Joe Hardy’s past. The Senators’ manager, Van Buren (David Perry of Lyons) reminds the team that they gotta have “Heart” as well as talent to win the pennant. Joe must decide between the love of the game and the love of his wife.
The production is directed by Lyons High School alum Greg Maddock, choreographed by Alisha Schneider and Meredith Henry also Lyons Alum and Vocally Directed by Kayla Mayou, graduate of Sodus.
The show features 24 young adults from the Lyons, Newark, Marion, Clyde-Savannah, Sodus, and Palmyra-Macedon school districts.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and Seniors. For ticket reservations call (315) 871-4176 or they may be purchased at the door.