- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Constellation Energy Nuclear Group exceeds United Way Campaign Goal
- Updated: February 23, 2012
Constellation Energy Nuclear Group (CENG) recently announced that employees at its Ginna Nuclear Power Plant raised more than $187,000 to benefit United Way of Wayne County during the 2011 campaign year. The campaign total includes CENG’s corporate match of fifty cents for every employee dollar.
“The remarkable support of our employees, particularly in these challenging economic times, truly makes a difference in our community. Our employees directly impact United Way’s ability to advance the common good by creating opportunities and a better life for all,” said Frank Fink, Director of Operational Finance at Ginna Nuclear Power Plant.
Employees organized and participated in a number of events to raise money and awareness for United Way. An auction, golf tournament, ice-cream sale and other events spurred employees to donate even more than last year.
“The time, effort and dedication demonstrated by everyone in the company to help the community and United Way are incredible,” said Carol Pettis, Regional Director for United Way of Wayne County. “With continuing shifts and challenges in the local economy, this level of support ensures that we can continue to provide critical services to children, youth, seniors and families right here in Wayne County. That’s why this campaign is so important to our agencies and the people in our community who increasingly must turn to them for help.”
For more information about how you can be a part of the 2012 Live United campaign efforts, please call the United Way of Wayne County at (315) 331-2773. You may also visit their website at www.uwwaynecounty.org