- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Community Open House/Spring Fest at Newark Wayne Hospital
- Updated: April 13, 2013
As a way of thanking the Wayne County and Finger Lakes community for their extraordinary support, the entire Finger Lakes community is invited to a party celebrating the grand opening of the new Daniel Alexander Emergency Department (ED) on Friday, April 19 from 5-7 p.m. The event will also serve as this year’s 8th annual Spring Fest and will include: tours of the new ED; information on enhanced services including the daVinci robot; free bike helmet fittings for kids (2-12 years-old, limited quantities); the bike safety rodeo sponsored by Lincoln School and Newark Police Department (kids should bring their bikes); a car seat safety check (sponsored by Wayne County Public Health; free books from Newark Kiwanis; free drawings for new bicycles and prizes; free refreshments; music by WACK Radio; and more.
The new ED, which officially opens to patients on Tuesday morning, April 24th, pays tribute to one of the community’s most respected and accomplished physicians, Dr. Daniel Alexander. The new Emergency department is the hospital’s the first major construction project at the hospital in close to 20 years.
The hospital is located at 1200 Driving Park Avenue, in Newark, NY. Directions: (Look for the new signage directing you to the north side of the hospital near the Outpatient Services entrance. The event is being held in the large tent next to the new Emergency Department.)