- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Community Open House/Spring Fest at Newark Wayne Hospital
- Updated: April 13, 2013
As a way of thanking the Wayne County and Finger Lakes community for their extraordinary support, the entire Finger Lakes community is invited to a party celebrating the grand opening of the new Daniel Alexander Emergency Department (ED) on Friday, April 19 from 5-7 p.m. The event will also serve as this year’s 8th annual Spring Fest and will include: tours of the new ED; information on enhanced services including the daVinci robot; free bike helmet fittings for kids (2-12 years-old, limited quantities); the bike safety rodeo sponsored by Lincoln School and Newark Police Department (kids should bring their bikes); a car seat safety check (sponsored by Wayne County Public Health; free books from Newark Kiwanis; free drawings for new bicycles and prizes; free refreshments; music by WACK Radio; and more.
The new ED, which officially opens to patients on Tuesday morning, April 24th, pays tribute to one of the community’s most respected and accomplished physicians, Dr. Daniel Alexander. The new Emergency department is the hospital’s the first major construction project at the hospital in close to 20 years.
The hospital is located at 1200 Driving Park Avenue, in Newark, NY. Directions: (Look for the new signage directing you to the north side of the hospital near the Outpatient Services entrance. The event is being held in the large tent next to the new Emergency Department.)